Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Apple Adventures | Part 3: The Pie

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Well, this is the culmination of my Apple Adventure Trilogy (Part 1, Part 2). Obviously we're ending with the best part.

The Pie.



I have never made a pie completely from scratch. Usually, I buy the pre-made crust, which I love. This time, however, I had added the culinary endeavor to my Bucket List, so I was really left with no other option.


I was nervous. There was a lot on the line. First Homemade Pie Ever.

My husband knew what I was planning on doing and he thoroughly encouraged my creative efforts. The thing is, Andrew will eat just about anything, so I did have some confidence going into this.


I started by perusing Pinterest. I really should get the family recipes from my Great-Aunt Nancé because her pies at Thanksgiving are seriously the best. The Best. Anyway, onto my own pie adventure.


I ended up using this recipe for the crust, and it was super easy. It turned out AMAZING. Flakey, shortbready, and delicious.


I used this recipe for the filling. I "doctored" it up a bit - adding a little more cinnamon and nutmeg.


It turned out great! I'd say my first homemade pie completely from scratch was a success. And so would my hubby. Thankful for the great crust and filling recipe from Gimme Some Oven!

This pie would be a delicious addition to your holiday parties!







Linking up at


2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! Was hoping for a recipe.

    Sarah
    girlfriendshoes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! You can find the recipe for both the crust and the filling at Gimme Some Oven (multiple links in the post)! Since this was my first pie, I figured I'd try out a recipe that was well loved rather than make up my own. I'm hoping to make another pie this holiday season, and provide you all with my own recipe :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...