Saturday, November 9, 2013

Apple Adventures | Part 1: The Orchard

Saturday, November 9, 2013
If you live in upstate NY, there is really no way to get through autumn without apples consuming at least part of the season. We've been apple picking before, but I had two items on my bucket list to accomplish this year: making apple sauce and baking an apple pie from scratch. I'm happy to report that both were a success! This is the first of three posts detailing our apple adventures this year. 



It started with a trip to one of the local apple orchards.


On a lovely fall morning, the hubby and I headed to a local apple farm to do some picking. And eating, of course. We started the day off with the tastiest apple cider donut. That alone should be on everyone's bucket list.


We wandered through the orchard, choosing our trees very carefully.


 



Before committing to filling our bag, we taste-tested to confirm that the apples were indeed worthy of being consumed in their purest form.



(As you might expect, all apples tasted were delicious.)



The air had a perfect "it's definitely fall" crispness to it, but we were still comfortable going without jackets.







Have you been on any fall adventures this year?




Linking up at


11 comments:

  1. You captured some pretty photos. I haven't gone yet! Really need to....I think it would be such a fun outing. We have gone on a hayride and we went to a pumpkin farm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a blast! I haven't gone on a hayride since I was a kid, but I've been wanting to go again!

      Delete
  2. Would like to subscribe to your blog. bebekennedy30@gmail.com Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beverly! I added your e-mail to the e-mail subscription. You can also follow along via the google friend connect if you want :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos! I would really like to try that Apple Cider Donut, sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth! The donut is truly amazing. I never had them on the west coast, but they are everywhere here in NY!

      Delete
  4. Great photos! We didn't make it apple picking this year... maybe next year. Funny that you included a picture of poison ivy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The poison ivy leaves are so pretty in the fall... As long as you don't touch them :)

      Delete
  5. Oh I love apple picking and have not done it in years! Mmmm and that apple cided donut looks really good. I love the fruits of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty photos Sarah! I love Andrew's fade :) you guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...