Sunday, June 3, 2012

Mod Podge Transfer Jewelry Box

Sunday, June 3, 2012
I LOVE the Mod Podge transfer method. It's such an easy and quick way to personalize plain items or transform fancy ones. I've used it in several projects - here, herehere, and here


For this project, I used another one of the little boxes I picked up at the Christmas Tree Shops for less than $2. First, I sanded off the word "keys."



Then I mod podged my laser-printed, reversed image, onto the box. (The photo below is from the Mini Flower Boxes tutorial, using the same boxes and same method.) The image I used for this jewelry box came from the incredible Graphics Fairy.


I let it dry for a couple of hours. Then I carefully sliced through each image where the box opened so that I could open the box. Next, I used a wet paper towel and rubbed off the paper so that just the toner image was left.


Finally, I used a piece of homemade chalkboard paper (from this tutorial), cut it to the size of the glass top, and wrote "beauty" on it with some chalk. I used some scotch tape to adhere it to the inside of the box, and that's it!





Linking up at

21 comments:

  1. What a sweet little box! I have never tried the mod podge transfer method. So you have to use a laser printer - not inkjet?! Argh, I have an inkjet.

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually have an ink jet, so I print several images and then make laser copies of them at Kinko's or at my school. I wish I had a laser printer because that would be so much more convenient!

      Delete
  2. Wow, the look of this box is right up my ally. It's so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda! I just popped over to check out your blog... LOVE IT! So many great tutorials and recipes! Now following along :)

      Delete
  3. Came over from Winthrop. Love the way your little box turned out. I am a Mod Podge junkie, too. Great repurposing!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't mod podge the best?! Glad you like it!

      Delete
  4. I have never tried this...but I plan to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Let me know if you have any questions :)

      Delete
  5. I love this! You should share this project at my on-going link party - http://rustic-crafts.com/?p=6820

    ReplyDelete
  6. This box is awesome, and the one with plants as well, you really do great transfers, very nice, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out beautiful!! Thank you for sharing at Uncommon!Featuring this on our FB page today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely project! Can't wait to try it! Thank you for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ivy! Hope you enjoy this transfer technique as much as I do!

      Delete
  9. I just love that old typography on your box, Sarah! And that transfer method is so much fun, isn't it? Great job!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...