Friday, January 27, 2012

Sheet Music Paper Flowers

Friday, January 27, 2012
For those of you who don't know, I LOVE music! I've been playing piano since I was 6, and singing since junior high. I try to incorporate music into as much of my life as possible - from playing and singing in the church band, to serving as president of my medical school a cappella group, to composing and arranging for fun. Naturally, I had to find a way to incorporate music into a craft project. :)


{The Keytones - Albany Medical College's a cappella group}


 After perfecting my paper-flower-making technique in creating the winter paper flower wreath, I decided to make some sheet music paper flowers!


I started by photocopying some sheet music so that I didn't destroy the originals. I made sure to do it double sided so both the inside and outside of the flowers would have music notes.

I used this tutorial to make my flowers.

Since I failed to take pictures during the cutting and rolling, I took some photos of the process using a magazine page. 


First I cut out a circle. You can make your circle as big or small as you want, depending on your desired flower size.

Then you cut your circle into a spiral from the outside toward the inside.



Starting from the outside edge, you roll the paper toward the center of the spiral



And keep rolling...

When you get the the middle, hold the little rolled flower in your hand and let it unroll a bit to get its shape.



While holding the majority of the flower, place some hot glue on the center area and stick the rest of the flower to the glued center.



The finished product should look something like this. If you need to add more glue, just push some of the "petals" out of the way, add some glue, and stick them back down. 



I made several flowers, and then I covered some wire with strips of sheet music so the "stems" would also be made of music.

Using hot glue, I attached the flowers to the stems and arranged them in an old soap dispenser.

To fill it out, I used some silk flowers and leaves.



Finished product!



Linking up at
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy
Fireflies and Jellybeans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...