I recently discovered the magic of Citrasolv. Using tutorials from here and here, I decided to have a little fun. Andrew was away on a business trip, and I was in need of a study break, so here's what I came up with:
Supplies: Citrasolv, spoon or other burnishing object, and brush of some sort.
I started with a plain $1 place mat from the Christmas Tree shops, my design from The Graphics Fairy which I printed as a mirror image of the original on a TONER-BASED printer, and my recently purchased citrasolv.
Then I made a dish drying towel for my sister-in-law who is going to be married this summer.
Next, I was inspired by the lamp on Crafty, Scrappy, Happy. I seriously love her blog. She is so creative, and just graduated from dental school, which proves that one can be a doctor and still have some creative fun :)
My shade was already white, so I just "citrasolved" directly on the shade. It was a bit challenging and the transfer wasn't as complete, but it worked well enough. :)
Most of my images came from The Graphics Fairy. She is amazing!
I was tired of working on fabric, and decided to try another transfer method from Crafty, Scrappy, Happy. This one used Mod Podge! My sisters and I used to do crafts with this stuff all the time with Grandma as kids, so it was fun to bring it out again for a more "grown-up" project :)
I purchased a bamboo cutting board for $1 at the Christmas Tree shops (love that place), painted it white, distressed it a bit, and let it dry. Next, I used my image from The Graphics Fairy, printed it as a mirror image **on a toner-based printer**, coated my painted board with mod podge, and stuck my paper face down on the board. I let it dry and "washed" off the paper with a wet paper towel. Finally, I put a coat of mod podge over the entire thing.
I did a similar thing to this flower pot. This one was a bit trickier because the entire image wanted to rub off. The ceramic pot was too slippery for the mod podge, so after it dried, I had to very carefully wash off the paper so as not to disturb the image. I put a coat of mod podge over the entire thing when the paper had successfully been removed. I think it turned out pretty nice!
Linking up at